DIPLOMA IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
HEARING IMPAIRED - D. Ed Spl. Edn. (HI)
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent with 45% marks for SC / ST and others 50% marks.
Total number of Seats: 25 seats per year.
Duration of the Course: 2 yrs
Course Fees: Rs 25,000.00 per year.
Course Content - Theory
1. Introduction to Disability and Psychosocial Implications
2. Child Growth and Development
3. Introduction to Hearing Impairment
4. Education of Children with Hearing Impairment
5. Language and Communication
6. Fundamentals of Hearing, Hearing Impairment and Audiological Management
7. Fundamentals of Speech and Speech Teaching
8. Planning & Management of Special and Inclusive Education
9. Curricular Strategies and Adaptations for Children with Hearing Impairment
10. Family, Community and the Hearing Impaired Child
Practicum (1st Year)
1. School visits
2. Skill Development ISL - Indian Sign Language.
3. Case History
4. Conditioning and play audiometry
5. Audiogram interpretation
6. Making harness for hearing aid
7. Identifying & handling types / parts of individual hearing aids.
8. Auditory training Earmould making.
9. Teaching Practice.
Practicum (2nd Year)
1. School Visit
2. Speech screening using speech kit.
3. Teaching practice.
4. Individualized Teaching.
5. Skill Development ISL - Indian Sign Language.
6. Skill Development - Grammar
7. Project Work.
8. Speech Teaching.